Monday, March 24, 2008

Saturday before Easter, Elder Millet and I were walking home lamanting that we had no Easter dinner planned or even a hard boiled egg. Oh, well.

Easter Sunday we had a great Sacrament Meeting, Music and the Spoken Word was outstanding, Relief Society/Priesthood Meetings and then we did our assignment at the West Gate.

I was in the booth and Ed was outside. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him step out on the sidewalk and before I knew it, he was hugging a young man that looked like Austin - And surprise of our lives it was Austin and the whole gang.

They had drived by and yelled "Hi, Pop-Pop." That was when Ed stepped out wondering who in the world they were. To him Pop-Pop meant grandchildren. What fun! And, what a surprise.

We all had a delicious Easter dinner together - deviled eggs, sweet potato souffle. green bean casserole topped with onions, pineapple stuffing, ham, and strawberry shortcake. Joette is a great cook!

No comments: